- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 sprigs cilantro, leaves reserved for garnish. Stems tied together with a piece of string.
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- sea salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp chipotle in adobo
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, cumin, cilantro sprigs, and salt.
- Cook, stirring now and then for about 10 minutes.
- Add the chipotle and sweet potato and stir to combine
- Add vegetable stock to the pot and turn up the heat
- Once the soup comes to a boil, lower the heat and simmer until sweet potatoes are tender (about 30 minutes)
- Remove and discard cilantro
- Carefully puree soup with a hand or standup blender until nicely smooth.
- Garnish with reserved cilantro leaves and yogurt (or a dairy free substitute such as hummus if on an elimination diet)