- 3/4 cup roasted, unsalted macadamia nuts
- 2 tsp avocado oil or macadamia nut oil
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup powdered erythritol sweetener
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- Flaked sea salt, for garnish
- Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with 10 parchment paper cupcake liners or silicone liners. Set aside 10 of the macadamia nut halves for garnish.
- Grind the remaining nuts in a food processor or blender until they resemble coarse crumbs. Add the avocado oil and continue to process until the mixture becomes a smooth butter.
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, combine the macadamia nut butter, chocolate, and coconut oil. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Whisk in the sweetener, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and fine sea salt. Divide the mixture evenly between the prepared cups, filling each one about one-third full. Refrigerate for 15 minutes, then gently press a macadamia nut half into the top of each cup. Sprinkle lightly with flaked sea salt.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
If you want these fat bombs to be a little firmer and able to stay out of the fridge for a few hours, replace the coconut oil with 1/2 ounce of cacao butter. They will travel much better.