- 1/3 cup steel cut oats
- 1/3-1/2 cup milk (any variety will work)
- Stevia to taste (optional)
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Cinnamon or vanilla to taste (optional)
- Mix stevia, salt and cinnamon in milk and shake to mix thoroughly
- Add steel cut oats and shake
- Put in refrigerator overnight
- In the morning, add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Think outside the recipe:
For creamier oatmeal, add 1/2-1 tbsp chia seeds before allowing to sit overnight, or some Greek Yogurt after the oats have set overnight (the yogurt seems to inhibit the oats from soaking up the milk). Some topping suggestions: berries, nuts, coconut crisps or shredded coconut.