- 1 small to medium sized head of cauliflower – should yield 2 to 3 cups once processed
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- A few shakes of crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp almond meal (optional)
- Desired amount of sauce, cheese for topping, and other toppings
- Place a pizza stone in the oven, or baking sheet if you don’t have a pizza stone. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a cutting board, place a large piece of parchment paper and spray it with nonstick cooking oil.
- Wash and thoroughly dry a small head of cauliflower. Don’t get one the size of your head unless you are planning on making 2 pizzas. Cut off the florets; you don’t need much stem. Pulse in the food processor for about 30 seconds, until it’s powdery like snow.
- Place the cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl and cover. Microwave for 4 minutes. Dump cooked cauliflower onto a clean tea towel and allow to cool for a bit before attempting the next step.
- Once cauliflower is cool enough to handle, wrap it up in a dish towel and squeeze out as much water as possible. This will ensure you get a chewy pizza-like crust instead of a crumbly mess.
- Dump cauliflower into a bowl. Now add parmesan and mozzarella cheese, salt, basil and oregano (crush basil and oregano between your fingers before adding), garlic powder, and red pepper.
- Now add your egg and mix away. Hands tend to work best.
- Once mixed together, use your hands to form the dough into a crust on your oiled parchment paper. Pat it down thoroughly until it’s tightly formed together and of uniform thickness.
- Using a cutting board, slide the parchment paper onto your hot pizza stone or baking sheet in the oven. Bake for 8 – 11 minutes, until it starts to turn golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Add however much sauce, cheese, and toppings you want–you know how you like your pizza – so go for it! Slide parchment with topped pizza back in the hot oven and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes until the cheese is melted, bubbly, and slightly golden.
- Test your patience and allow it to cool for a minute or two. Then using a pizza cutter and a spatula, serve up your delicious grain-free cauliflower crust pizza!
If you end up with closer to 2 cups than 3 cups of cauliflower once processed, the almond meal may help it stick together so you can spread it thinner.