- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- An equal amount of chopped tomatoes
- 1 avocado, chopped (optional)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp dried Italian herb blend
- Salt to taste
- 1 part red wine vinegar to 3 parts olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except vinegar and olive oil in a container that can be tightly sealed. Be sure there is at least one inch of space above salad ingredients.
- Put vinegar and oil in a jar and shake until thoroughly combined.
- Pour over other ingredients and close the lid tightly. Invert several times over at least 15 minutes to allow all veggies to marinade evenly.
Cherry tomatoes lend a natural sweetness to this recipe, but you can also add a few pinches of stevia if you want to amp it up. Dried herbs work well, but if you’re using all dried herbs, it’s a great idea to add these to the oil and vinegar mix and allow them to sit for a few minutes before adding to the salad. I like to save the juice from this salad and store in the fridge for reuse…the flavors intensify over time. -Patty