- 2 medium or 1 large butternut squash
- 2-4 cups chicken broth (depending on desired thickness)
- 1 14 ounce can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp curry paste
- 2 tbsp diced ginger root
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup cashew nut butter (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Cut butternut squash in half and scoop out seeds. Lay cut side down on baking tray and place in oven at 350 for 40 minutes, until tender when pierced with a knife.
- Place coconut oil, onion, ginger and garlic in skillet and cook over medium heat until onion is translucent.
- Scoop butternut squash out of skin into food processor or high speed blender.
- Add remaining ingredients and puree until smooth.
- Taste and salt as desired.
- Warm before serving.
I’m not super crazy about acorn squash, and my garden burped out a pile of them this year, so I added 2 of them each time I made this soup. They hid well. -Patty