Traditional Hot Stone Massage provides several benefits, including relief of muscle tension and pain, stress and anxiety reduction, increased circulation, and better sleep. The average skin temperature is 92 degrees. Stones are usually warmed to 105-110 degrees.
In general, Himalayan Salt has several benefits: air purification, reduction of electromagnetic radiation, reduction of unhealthy positive ions, easing of allergies and asthma and improvement in mood and sleep.
The combination of a hot stone massage with Himalayan salt stones adds even more benefit. You can see the effects of the salt after one session. Your skin, body and mind will thank you!
The benefits of a Himalayan Salt Stone Massage:
- Negative ions are produced when heated, creating a sense of peace and deeper sense of relaxation.
- The heat of the salt melts restrictive fascia to go deeper into the muscles and loosens the joints.
- The moist heat of the stones assist with soothing inflamed muscles and joints.
- Leaves the skin feeling refreshed and glowing.
- The salt stones moisturize and plump up the superficial layers of the skin.
- May detoxify and alkalize the body.
- May aid in reduction of insomnia, blood pressure and stress.
On a spiritual level:
- Can ground and balance meridian levels, chakras and electromagnetic field.
- Clear your Qi and energy.
The stones provide 84 essential mineral and trace compounds. Stones may be used hot or cold. Unlike river stones, Himalayan stones are antibacterial.
Give yourself a wonderful treatment by scheduling a Himalayan salt stone massage session today!
Brittany Baumgartner, LMT