- 1 32 oz can chicken broth
- 6-8 chicken thighs or 2-3 breasts
- 3 cans beans, partially drained
- 3-4 peppers, mixed colors
- 1 large onion
- 1/2-1 cup fresh or canned salsa
- Handful of parsley and basil (fresh if you have)
- Other seasonings to taste (cumin, Italian herbs, etc)
- Salt to taste
- Cook chicken in broth, then remove and chop once cooled.
- Saute onions and peppers in skillet until slightly tender.
- Add all ingredients large soup pan and simmer on low for 20 minutes to blend the flavors.
Delicious with a dollop of hummus stirred into each bowl!